Thursday 18 August 2011

The Cowell bone's connected to the media bone and that's what makes propaganda.

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on. Winston Churchill

A new series of The X Factor is about to start but this year I don't think I will be writing much about it.

My world is crazy. One minute I get abuse saying I'm a "fail" and nobody knows who I am, the next I have a woman in M&S telling me she voted and wants me to do another album. The sad thing is that there are some really cool people on Twitter but I can't read the nice comments without reading "your a c**t" first. Which I usually respond with, "No, you're a c**t." They then are shocked that I am rude to a 16 year old and I in turn despair. (please no complaints from One Direction fans).

I took a hammering in the tabloids last year due to my anti-X Factor views. Words like bitter or moaning or ranting are all used within tabloid media with a sole purpose to make the reader switch off from the message that is NOT part of the official propaganda. You will often read them in an article about me. Check for yourself.

As many people know, I fell out with Simon Cowell in 2005. I did interviews with Closer and The Sun. Neither of these interviews were ever printed. I wont tell you the details of the interviews but I can assure you that at the time it was big news. After the interviews I was told by the record label SYCO that I could no longer do interviews. My PR had also been moved to Outside Organisation. I had properly fallen out with Cowell so he decided to bury me. This is not paranoia it's a fact. I had a call from his PR man.

I was told, You will be buried if you speak to the press and when I did an interview in 2005 with James Desborough of The News Of The World, it was no surprise that the story was stopped. James recently admitted this to me only a few weeks ago.

Simon Cowell has the power to get stories in the press but also to have them stopped. Lets look at the people who were involved in the stopping of these interviews in 2005.

Neil Wallis, known as the wolfman by journalists worked as deputy editor News of the World in 2005 and previously been at The Sun and The People. He later became MD of Outside Organisation. Arrested for phone hacking.

Rebekah Brooks - The Sun Editor in 2005 – need I say more!

James Desborough - News Of The World 2005 – showbiz reporter who did my exclusive interview. Arrested for phone hacking.

Andy Coulson - Editor of News Of The World in 2005. Arrested for phone hacking and also found guilty of bullying .

I continue to get negative press by the members within the tabloid press because the manner in which I left SYCO was a covered-up and to this day has never been acknowledged by the tabloid media.

Heat Magazine continue to write negatively about me because my original interview was with sister paper CLOSER.... well that and the fact I just won't shut up! Talking of sisters, Isabel Mohan who works at 3am.co.uk (proper c@*ts!) used to work at Heat is sister to The Sun Editor Dominic Mohan.

Now, I'm not suggest all these people are corrupt but the power of The X Factor and Cowell is so great that these people are willing to bury the truth if it may interfere with selling papers and The X Factor sells 1000s. I like to believe James Desborough wanted to run my story back in 2005 but was told by people above him that they couldn't. They would lose "Exclusives" with new The X Factor brand and so I was dispensable. This was not fair on me, my family or the millions that voted. I was branded a bitter flop and the rest is history.

If you see this as a “rant”, or me being “bitter” and simply “moaning” then tabloid media has done it’s job.

You have stumbled upon the truth I hope you may share it before picking yourself up and moving on.


To all the great people on TWITTER I'll catch you soon. Thanks for the support. Really I mean that. www.stevebrookstein.com for music updates.

PS. any errors, I haven't checked for mistakes so sorry, couldn't be arsed!

2 comments:

lucyfitzy said...

I just wrote a comment but don't know if it worked! I'm shit at computers!! Totally understand, but I'm gutted for you and the small fuckin minded bastards that give you shit ,well I've sworn enough!Shame they have not seen for themslves how passionate you are about music I did in Lowestoft last year.Still would luv if you and Eileen would sing at my cancer charity thing next year,I shall e-mail you about it if thats ok? You take care and keep on smiling steve, catch ya soon
@LUCYFITZY X

mariorgi said...

Steve there is one mistake, check the last or second last paragraph , I am hoping you will change your mind and stay on twitter as your tweets are so entertaining. I have a suspicion that the x factor will not be doing well and that it it is the beginning of the end- can't wait to see it crumble! Good luck mate.