Sunday 19 September 2010

Must be The Music has The X Factor

What another wonderful week, in the wacky world of X Factor. The big news this Sunday is that with my arch nemesis Sharon Osbourne coming back, Dannii has launched a timely autobiography. Twitter has gone crazy as Kelly Osbourne has waded into Danii for lying about Mrs O. Which I found mildly amusing as Sharon has spent 8 pages bitching about me in her book! I cannot lie, reading how Sharon bullied Dannii brings back bad memories of my own horrible experiences but I have tried to justify Sharon's actions with some kind of insecurities as a mother and music expert. I will blog exactly what went down at some point so don't ask when.

Meanwhile, Simon Cowell is angry that a useless singing hooker is exploiting the show by selling her service as 'Star of The X Factor', I didn't even do that and I won the show! Not sell my sexually services, you know what I mean! Sorry Simon, it's your own fault. 12 million people at home thought she was rubbish and you still put her through to boot camp and half of those women watching thought she was probably a hooker.

Last night's show was alright. There were some good singers but nothing that got me excited, so I'm not going to review any of them right now. I'll wait and see them perform in the live final. I've already heard about two surprises. It sounds like Katie Smith doesn't make it through to the live finals which if it is true is a surprise and Paije, who I predicted won't make it - has! Which if true is great. I'm looking forward to seeing who makes the final twelve.

Tonight is the second half of the double bill but it's up against the Must Be The Music final and that wins hands down, so I'll tape The X Factor. Tape? Sky PLUS it? Is that the term theses days? Let me know.

I have hardly noticed any stories about the judges or sordid revelations about acts on MBTM and that really has been refreshing. It really is just about the music. Some of my favourite acts never made the final but still the final five all deserve to be there and even those who didn't make it have a great launch to their careers. I've loved the series and if it comes back again it will be even bigger and better.

I'm tipping either Emma's Imagination or Missing Andy. Both are fantatsic and will go on to establish themselves as serious recording artists. It's live in front of 10,000 people at Wembley with no Auto-tune and no pre-recorded backing vocals turned up high in the mix to make the groups sound better than what there are. JLS take note!

Must Be The Music is a proper showcase for new talent. The winner takes home £100,000. They are NOT tied into a management deal, NOT tied to a pre-arranged record deal and they EARN from their single straight away when it gets released on iTunes. How I wish it was around back in 2004. Mmmm....I wonder if I can enter next year.



No comments: